View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2022, 07:45 PM   #12
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well I decided to lower it using the preload even more and probably dropped the ass end about 2" all totaled and I can touch the ground with the balls of my feet in my slippers ! so with my boots on it should almost be flat footed....i think. I can go about 1" to 1.5" more but that will be to the max of the threads on the mono shock... the spring on this mono shock is harder than the spring that was on the XRL 650 honda ! by far ! it's a beefy thing that my 185lbs barely deflects even when I bounce on it !
I re set the TFT dash to the interface I wanted it has all the info on the bike
complete with all the averages MPG Speed and what not...
and I linked it to my phone so I guess my motorcycle can call me when it's bored eh ? LOL ( just shows incoming calls) on the dash.
safety features ! so far I have only ran into one safety feature that messed me up... but I've only ridden it one time too... the starter will not function when the bike is not in neutral and the clutch in... I do NOT like that at all, if you kill it at a stop sign you have to put it into neutral before the starter will work...that is BAD ! not sure about the side stand safety switch but I am sure it is a screw up as well... ( they always are!)
no center stand is a major P.I.T.A .... i will more than likely make one and add more weight to an already heavy machine !
sense I have lowered the rear I will likely have to adjust the headlight
for riding at night... or I will be looking at the trees and not the road !
it is a big beastie.... bigger than I thought it would be it's a full sized 650 with a 450 engine.... kind'a strange !
....I just hope against hope that I haven't hurt the handling by lowering the ass of this thing because it was really fun in the corners alot like the Ninja !
I will more than likely drop the front forks as far as I can but that is only about an inch before they hit the handle bars... if I get some offset handle bar holders I should be able to drop it 2" max as there is a taper in the forks below that mark and I can't go beyond that point but in theory I should be able to get 2" of drop in the front.... at the expense of ground clearance.

this thing has tapered handle bars on it... my first encounter with these things.... their 1" at the clamp but taper to the 3/4" at the grips their strong enough.... i lifted the bike from laying on it's side in the middle of the road the other day by them and they didn't bend.... so their good enough for me !
.... ( i fell over because it is so tall...it got away from me when I killed it and it learched !...stupid !) only 3 small scratches on the crash bars... i wasn't moving when it hit the ground but i could not lift it at the angle I was at ! so I just dropped it the 16" to the ground... the first of many scratches it will receive under my care ! no biggy !
I took off that big godauffle sticker on the tank stating warnings like don't ride without a helmet, and make sure your medical insurance is paid up and such.... the white stickers on the black frame stand out like a billboard sign
but I think I will just cover them with black tape and leave the sticker unmolested ! they have important info on them.
Bob.......