View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2014, 11:08 AM   #18
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Factory intake valve springs rated on paper for 14k, but tested to failure around 13.7k rpm. Roger that, loud and clear.

How about the exhaust valves? Will they withstand the same abuse?

I'll check part numbers when I have a minute -- I know on the hondas some of the intake valves are double-coiled sprung, and the exhaust valves are single coil. Durability can be beefed up by installing intake valve springs on the exhaust valves as well. I'll look into this.

Looks like we have the ignition timing control locked down with one of those programmable CDI units, very nice indeed.

I'm liking the idea of oil cooler in front of headers -- will help get oil up to temp rapidly, but keep it cool enough when the bike is being ridden as wind-flow will take heat out of the oil and off down along the header like a heat sink. Very clever, whoever came up with that.

Wondering what else to consider before I sit down and run some numbers and see if this whole project is feasible and financially justifiable.

Thanks guys, keep the ideas coming.