View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #61
LiquidShell
ninjette.org member

Name: Shell

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 -

Newb times, GOOD times.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I decided to meet up with a group of strangers to ride unfamiliar roads on a machine not too familiar to me.

I learned quite a lot in that one day:

Riding on the HWY is not as terrifying as I thought. (relax, don't fight against the wind, make wise lane choices and anticipate what the vehicles will do)

Shifting and decelerating should be done before you enter the turn and the speed should be what you're comfortable with:
(if it's TOO FAR OUTSIDE your comfort zone, you're riding beyond your limits)

Even stock Road Winner tires provide good traction on wet roads.
(steady on the throttle and relax)

Need to practice stopping and starting on a hill Safely (some Newb stalled his bike twice trying to get going on a hill )

If you ride at the speed limit or a just a few miles over it on wet roads (less than 10 in my case) you will have no problems no matter the road.

I was surprised at the turn out. Everybody rode safe and enjoyed themselves. DeviantTurtle took us on some nice roads. It was nice meeting those of you that showed up-- great group of guys and gal. I think we should do this more often. Thanks for taking me along for the ride.

Shell