View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #77
mariorivera830
MoVal's only ninjette :(

Name: Mario

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE Black with a dash of yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryant View Post
The end caps, especially the Flat Conical Billet End Caps are not the easiest to remove. We design them with very precise tolerances. The end caps are press-fit into the muffler shell and core, then bonded with a 2000 F. silicone based agent, then secured with the button head screws. We build them to stay together and last a very, very long time. Obviously we have the equipment, tools, and skills to take them apart without damage. But it would not be an easy task to you to do and we do not recommend it.

Perhaps you might consider simply taping off the muffler and painting the end caps with a high temp black paint. I have seen this done in the past with good results by some customers.
I was afraid of that. Word on the streets is that you guys don't mess around! Ok I guess I will have to be innovative to achieve what I want done. Thanks again. I see that you guys are based out in Anaheim and somewhere in Florida, is your shop is Anaheim available for visits? In case I'm not able to get the money in before the group buy is done with, to help save on shipping and a few pointers on installation?