View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #860
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
35W at 12V is what they use. The ballast sends out a higher current than it receives from the vehicle. So yes; higher current, constant Wattage. This means my total power usage went down because it's a 35W lighting system, not a 55W bulb.

Whatever. I got my bike running properly. No one else with the kit has had this issue, leading me to believe that if I had an OEM battery, this would not have happened.
Did you by any chance happen to have a Super Mega Bright 10X Halogen bulb in there by mistake? If you go to the auto parts place, that is probably what they will try to sell you. The proper bulb is a standard bulb and usually sells for about $4-$5. The super mega halogen bulbs draw more power than standard bulbs. Example of the WRONG bulbs. They can also damage the bike because they get too hot and mess stuff up.

You didn't say much about the battery size. You should have a 7L-BS in there. I experimented with a lithium last year (2"x2"x4" and < 1 lb), but it was no good and I took it back. Is that what you have? A bigger battery will only delay the inevitable. Fixing the headlight was a good solution.

Oh and you might want to review THIS.