View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:57 PM   #1
Dredgshadow
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2013 600RR, 2009 250r

Thanks Ninjette.org, and a Couple Questions

Well everyone, I am a pretty new rider and I am so glad that I finally took the plunge and started riding. Even when I don't feel like riding, I am always so stoked that I did when I head out. I read this site pretty much constantly but I'm always at work, so I can never reply back to any of the threads. I've learned a hell of a lot hanging around here though, so hell yeah.
A couple questions I have that I couldn't get through the search function, which I usually can are these;
There is a tube I noticed today that isn't connected to anything. It hangs right next to the kickstand and about as far down as the fairing. It is a pretty small, black tube. Is this a fuel or coolant overflow tube? I think it is, but paranoia is killing me right now.
Secondly, I have been trying to practice panic braking, but I don't really know where the limit is for maximum braking. In other words, I might feel like I am braking really hard, but really only be braking at, let's say, 75%. Are there some numbers I could get that say; "In good conditions a 250r brakes at 25 mph in 'X' amount of space" so that I could know that if I am stopping at 25 mph in 30 feet that I am using 85is % of my braking power? Essentially I want to know where the limit is because I don't think I am close, but I could be.
Thanks again guys and girls, and I encourage you to keep giving noobs like me the good advice like to look through the turns. Today I was in a situation where a car was coming over the center line so I had to change my turn line which left me kind of wide. By beating into my head all of the cornering advice you people give, I naturally just pushed my inside bar, tightened the turn and it was a non-event. I know y'all that have been riding awhile might take things like that for granted, but your advice is absolute gold, and possibly crash saving for us beginners.
Thanks again, sorry for the long post
Dredgshadow is offline   Reply With Quote