Old April 29th, 2020, 06:14 AM   #62
maverick9611
"a legend in my own mind"

Name: maverick9611

Motorcycle(s): 2015 moto guzzi norge(brownie),2020 aprilia dorsoduro,

MOTM - Feb '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
the fact remains that this fault apparently started instantly, midride *before I ever even saw your carbs the 1st time*

Have you switched carbsets between your 2 bikes?

Did the increase in intake valve clearances have any effect at all? I'm not reading any actual feedback on its effect.

And no specific posting of actual clearances both *intake & exhaust both before and after* your clearance changes?
green bike was sold off so i didn’t get a chance to swap carbs. danno did send me a ignitor and race carbs and no change.
i had done the valves 3-6 months b4 the so called problem. while troubleshooting this past year i checked clearances on intake and exhaust. clearances with at top end of spec on both. they had not changed since i first checked them and adjusted them. compression was checked and it passed in middle of the spec on both cylinders. cam phasing was triple checked. i’m going by kaw shop today to pick up a 2.70 shim. this will put my intakes at .34mm. i haven’t got it together as i rebuilt/greased cam chain tensioner yesterday.(not fun) everyday i keep chipping away at it