View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2016, 04:26 PM   #17
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
It's not really my style, but I don't think your decals look too bad. If you were expecting darker, I can see why you might not like that they add quite a bit of lighter gray/white to a lot of area.

As others have said, I like my stuff pretty plain and subtle. I'm not a huge fans of the tribal flames on my 500, but at least they're not too flashy being silver/gray on black, and not too excessive. Maybe I've just gotten to used to them, but I think the 500 looks weird without the decals - just too plain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
I like timeless, classic designs and colors.

I once owned a Kawi EX500 (aka Ninja 500) that was a beautiful cranberry pearl over white pearl with... I kid you not... a hot-pink accent stripe, because when the bike was made, style was all about paint swooshes and pastel colors. That line got covered with SOLAS tape in a heartbeat.
It may not be "timeless" or "classic", but it's immortal thanks to the Clymer manual.

They had some pretty wicked decals in the mid '90s too.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote