View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2018, 12:18 PM   #5
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/moved to new-gen farkles

Yes - I do have some experience with Seth. He used to work at Rick Mayer seats, and was one of their seat builders for many years. I believe he built the last two seats on my RT and K16. Great seats, good guy. All of these seat builders generally work better if you can physically get to their place. There's time to test fit and tweak everything exactly to your liking before buttoning everything up and riding away. A mail-order seat with pictures and guidance is likely better than an off-the-shelf version that''s supposed to fit everyone, but it's still not the fit you can get with a custom one built right in front of you.

It also sidesteps any potential communication issues of sending in a deposit (or a seat pan) and then waiting a few weeks for a custom seat to be sent back. There are no horror stories if you show up / exchange $ / wait a few hours for seat to be built / ride away happy.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote