View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2020, 12:57 AM   #4
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
I think installation quality makes a HUGE difference. There was guy who got Sato knock-off rearsets and fought with installing for days. Was about to return them to get genuine Sato when someone linked to install guide. Turns out both Sato and their knock-offs required flipping rear master-cylinder around to install properly.

There's also lots of randomness in racing that can't be predicted. My first crash in first season snapped off solid foot-peg, bent frame-mounting point, and bent my Woodkraft rearset so much, it rubbed on swingarm. Replacing them with Ali rearsets with folding pegs lasted 3-seasons now with 3 crashes and they're in great shape!

As with any shopping, there's no 0/100%, all-or-nothing, black & white answer. Costco is not always better than Safeway. Some things are better from Lowes than Home Depot and vice-versa.

With any online shopping, be it Amazon, eBay or Ali, you should do research. Look at vendor rating, product reviews, technical specs (alloy-series, heat treatment, etc), and warranty. I've paid extra for 3rd-party extended warranty on eBay electronics and it's paid off. Many Ali vendors actually have decent warranties.

As mentioned in my racing gas-cap thread , being someone who've had products made abroad, I see many areas where corners can be and are cut. Quality level is dictated by importer and resellers. Foreign manufacturer just produce to specs they're given.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote