View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2011, 07:14 AM   #12
Dr Honda
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): Buell XB12Ss, Victory Vegas, DRZ400, XR50

Hi Guys,

This is Tony from A&L.

I have a customer who gave me this link to check out.

OK... first... the tapped holes have a taper right at the end of the hole. This is so the bolts will be tight, and there will be no chance of them coming loose. All of the different rearset adapters I sell are like that. In the past, I have only had two other people have a real problem with it. In the past, Ian was shipping these with black, powder coated bolts... and you couldn't get the proper sized hex key in it... and that person rounded off the socket. The other time was when someone was using an ASE wrench. (these are 8mm)

I would prefer to NOT tap them clean though because of liability... but if it's a real problem, I can. I can also clear the threads on request for individual orders.

OK... as far as the bolt alignment...... well............ Yep, that looks like a problem.

I have had one or two new customers ask me about it... and my response was.... "There was a problem with the original batch, but it was fixed last year."

So... before I change the CNC program... is this set from a new batch (from me, A&L) or was this an older set from Ian? (Cycle Control)

One thing Ian and I found, was that there was a inconsistencies (1mm ~2mm) from the factory on the mounting locations. (may be from different manufacturing points)

I guess the easy solution would be to over drill the mounting holes by a 1mm. Right now, it's drilled with an 8.2mm drill. The easy solution would be to use a 9mm drill. That would give a 1mm allowance.

CThunder-blue............

Are you in the USA? If you are... would you be willing to test fit a new plate, and let me know if it fits your bike?
Dr Honda is offline   Reply With Quote