View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:49 AM   #1
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

blown headlight fuse

Ok, long story short. A few days ago my headlight was out so I replaced the bulb only to find out it was the fuse. Replaced it and didn't think much of it since everything seemed to work just fine, high beam included. Then tonight I'm going down Interstate 4 in Orlando to meet up with some friends downtown when the headlight goes out as soon as I hit the high beam switch. I confirm it blew the fuse. Replace it again in a parking lot and check the high beam again just to be sure. Again it blows the fuse instantly. I replace it yet again and don't touch the high beam and make it home just fine.

I looked at some of the wiring diagrams linked by the FAQ Alex was kind enough to link for us and find it somewhat less then inspiring. I see that it's simple and that only a couple of things could short. I'm thinking to try the handlebar switch first then check the relay. I'm just not sure I have the tools do so unfortunately and MIGHT be forced to go to a shop (would rather not but if I have to...).

Any suggestions on what might be a quick easy fix, or what tools I might need (I think my multimeter still works) would be helpful.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote