View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2018, 07:12 PM   #12
Chloebelle
Meowtercyclist

Name: Chloe

Motorcycle(s): Harumi, 2007 EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
I looked up the Bilt Connie gloves on a few sites (including cyclegear) and they only seem to be advertised as being warm and water proof. I couldn't find any claims that they provide high-speed, tarmac abrasion resistance and impact protection.

I quickly looked for some other waterproof gloves and found the Sedici Firenze Waterproof Gloves. They are explicitly advertised on cycle gear as having increased abrasion protection:
"Double layer leather on palm with thermo-set palm slider and comfort layer for increased abrasion protection"

I guess we can't assume that gloves advertised as "motorcycle gloves" are suitable for motorcycle riding.

I hope you heal up nicely and get some awesome impract and abrasion resistant gloves to replace your Bilt Connie's. It's probably going to cost you, but arguably it's worth spending money on them because damaging your hands is painful, sometimes not repairable and can stop you from working.
Along with no abrasion resistance to speak of, I can also confirm that they are neither warm nor water proof (well, maybe by Cali standards).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Leather doesn't have to be terribly expensive. My AGV Sport "Willow" pants were about $200. I got another pair of no-name leather pants from www.wickedstock.com for $90. They have visibly lower quality sewing and the leather is about 3/4 as thick, but they are racing style with armor, and I'd take them over ordinary jeans any day.
I'll have to keep that place in mind... My mom works at a dry cleaner's, so I can probably get the stitching reinforced for pretty cheap (or free).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Ouch! Heal up!

Good thing you had a full helmet. That could have been bad. Well, worse than it was, anyway. I'm sure it hurt enough as is.
I'd be looking like Harvey Dent right about now... o.o
Chloebelle is offline   Reply With Quote