Old August 10th, 2017, 06:56 AM   #25
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
Ask my kids about that.

I started telling them when they were little that I reserved the right to kick them out of the house the day they turned 18. The deal was as long as they were going to college or a trade school they could continue to live at home.

My four kids are 26, 25, 21, and 18.

Only the 18 year old is still at home and she starts community college in a little over a week. The requirements for her living at home are that she goes to school full time, and works a part time job paying for her own cell phone and vehicle insurance, she rides a motorcycle she paid for herself and pays for gas and maintenance on our old jeep.

The 26 and 25 year old got jobs with the same company, about an hour away, after graduating college and are sharing an apartment to save money.

The 21 year old started college, dropped out and joined the Army. He is stationed about 2 1/2 hrs away.

My kids are not typical millenials.
Tom, I'm proud of you and your children. You've raised self reliant children who have grown to be independent, respected adults. Good job Dad! It will come back to you and yours 10 fold.

Bill
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote