View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2024, 03:09 AM   #15
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well, just the modifications I have already done....
I changed the shortie mufflers and put on stock bullet shaped mufflers
as I have always liked them.... the stock ones that were originally on it were a megaphone type design and they were ugly i think so I got the retro mufflers
which quieted it down by quite a bit but it is still a loud bike I would guess about 85 DB above idle.
handle bars were stock and not bent ( which is odd) and in great shape so I left them on it. just adjusted their height to proper level.... they put my arms slightly downward to Shirt pocket height for my hands.... that is very comfortable for long hauls .and a good position for full control.
the foot pegs do not fold on the bike they are solid straight pieces of steel
but I realised why they did that all those decades ago because that keeps the side plates from being scratched should you lay it over...so I left them alone and just put new rubbers on them.
One of the biggest problems with Triumphs was the electrics they were notorious for leaving you stranded in the middle of no where so I replaced it with a new pointless ignition system.... the other major problem with them were the AMIL Carburetors...stock carbs did not have a removable pilot jet
and even with several filters in line plugged up all the time and it was a major pain to clean them because you had to dissemble the entire carb to clean the pilot curcuit.... it hurt but I replaced them with Amil aftermarket carbs that had removable pilot jets and I am real glad I did I have cleaned them several times over the last 3 years because they keep getting plugged up because it sets so much....
I put a small chrome rack on the back behind the short sissy bar that is on it
and a tool pouch on it.
I can flat foot the bike and I have a 30" inseam yet both feet are on the ground with knees slightly bent..... the way it should be !
the power is so strong its scary suspension not very good at all
brakes have all new pads and have been brought back from a total lock up
the rear took a new resivour to make it work again.... front was fine but the rotor was warped so it was replaced..... front brake works real good back not the best but it will lock it up you just have to press real hard.
....to me the Triumph is what a motorcycle was meant to be...it's perfect
comfortable to ride fast handles very well and the power to go anywhere you point it....
they do not make them like this any more the new Triumphs are taller
heavier with less power. but they look cool !
this bike is my Pride an Joy..... but I don't ride it for fear of hurting it which is stupid.... so why have it? I decided to sell it so I can get a ranch again
and move back to the country and get out of this small town....
(too many people! ) I ride the XR650L mostly..... so the Triumph and Ninja 250R will be sold to get the Ranch ..... i need a truck and tractor not 2 motorcycles now.... times change ! LOL
Bob........