View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2021, 07:51 PM   #6
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagobob View Post
Well, that’s what I did, except for the “micro soda blasting,” which seems like overkill and wouldn’t affect the passages anyhow.

My problem is that I can’t figure out what part of the carbs is incorrect, dirty or damaged. Just disassembling and cleaning them over and over again doesn’t seem like effective troubleshooting.
“Cleaning” can mean different things to different people. Last house-cleaning outfit I used didn’t think that “cleaning kitchen” meant restoring top of fridge to showroom condition or pulling out all appliances and cabinets to scrub floors underneath. You’ll want to disassemble carbs down to every last nut, bolt and individual component.

Here’s link to passages that needs to be scrubbed from end-to-end:
http://n4mwd.blogspot.com/2013/10/se...-passages.html

1. Scrub out all hidden secret fuel-circuits beyond jets with brushes. Amazon - nylon brushes. I like to use 75/25% acetone mix with PEA-based fuel-system cleaner such as Chevron Techron, Red Line SI-1, etc.

2. Soak in ultrasonic cleaner for hours using polar solvent (PineSol, Totally Awesome, vinegar, etc.) Be aware that Simple Green dissolves aluminium, so avoid it. Amazon - 4L Ultrasonic cleaner

3. Scrub again with brushes. Pay particular attention to holes where fuel-circuits exit into carb-venturi (neon green dots in photos). Poke those out with soft copper wire. Remove deposits but be careful not to remove any metal as size of these holes are critical to fuel-metering

4. Be sure to completely disassemble emulsion tube and poke out all lateral bleed holes with copper wire. Same with all jets and bleed holes in carb venturi. Soaking and scrubbing won’t clean these holes and you’ll find wire pushes out dried plastic petrol plugs similar to grains of sand.

5. micro soda-blast all circuits and bleed holes to clean out debris loosened and left by scrubbing. Use finest soda available AircraftSpruce - mini soda blaster

6. replace all rubber parts: float-valves, O-rings, seals and even slide diaphragms as needed.

7. adjust float-levels

8. sync carbs with manometers. While old-style analogue gauges work, I prefer modern digital versions. carb-sync gauges

Once you’ve done this, carbs will be factory-fresh clean and bike will run like brand-new.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote