View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Added Affiliate Links - VigLink

Howdy -

I set up a small plug-in to create affiliate links for those links posted here that go out to online stores. It shouldn't affect much of anything in the user experience here, but I posted it up so people could be aware if something was working weirdly, and hopefully post reports here.

The way it works is if anyone puts a link up to somewhere ebay, Amazon, Apple, or a whole pile of other sites, the outbound link (the moment you click it) gets a unique code appended to it saying that it came from ninjette.org. The affiliate program on that site says "a-ha, that click came from those good folks over at ninjette.org!", and they pay Viglink a (very small) amount of money for that traffic to get to their site, and a slightly larger amount of money if you end up buying something from that site. Viglink keeps a portion of that money as a service fee, and hands over the rest to this site. Some websites are evidently making multiples of what their adsense revenues are. On other sites, not so much. We'll see how it goes.

The hope and expectation is that this is completely transparent, and doesn't affect anyone's usage of this site. What it does allow is for the site to make a bit more $ without adding any additional visible advertising, which I'm quite conscious of being annoying on many websites.

I chose viglinks over skimlinks based on a bunch of online reviews, and I'll see how it goes for a few weeks.

- Alex

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote