View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2009, 01:28 PM   #24
Gregular
Not on the rug... man

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Diablo Black Ninja 250r, 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
Has anyone figured out how to make these running lights? I like lights and I like being visible, however I have not been able to come up with much on where to add additional lighting on my Ninja. I saw a kit that will make your signal lights become running lights and hazard lights but then you may need to change the bulbs out to LEDs to keep from melting the housings. I've not been able to figure this all out yet. Any input?
if you mean by running lights that they are on all the time, well the indicator mirrors are LEDs and should be ok, all you need to do is connect them to a supply thats on all the time like this connector here that I patched into to supply power to my monitor

Of course this would mean that with these indicator mirrors that you have ambers on all the time and personally I would not recommend that.
Ambers are for indicators, some car drivers have enough problems as it is with motorcyclists, best not to add to the confusion with having ambers on all the time.

car driver pulls up to a junction and want to turn crossing your lane, he/she has a quick look, sees ambers on the bike, starts to pull out thinking your turning and hey presto you slam into the side of the car

as for hazard lights, I can tell you about this. Had it installed yesterday and at last I can take the bike on the road and finish the DIYs

http://www.acumen-electronics.co.uk/...and_Fit_19004#

its a CAT 1.1 (not sure if that's a uk only standard) immobilzer/alarm and one of its extra functions is hazard lights, just have to hold 2 of the buttons on the remote and voila!

I'll post a vid of everything soon

It also has a configurable turn signal reminder on it, so say after 30 flashes it will start to bleep to remind you that the indicators are still on.
Scared the **** out of me when the install guy tested it. Never heard an alarm so loud and piercing. Guys actually got tinnitus is his ears due to too many years installing these things.