View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2020, 11:35 PM   #6
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Yeah I filed police reports for both as soon as I found out they were each gone. The Rebel I had theft insurance on but I was hard up for cash over the winter so I dropped it on the ninja, which was and is currently not ridable. I didn't anticipate ****ers coming into a gated complex, finding my bike between cars in covered parking, and cutting the lock but I guess that's a lesson learned.

Which I mean, with old 250 with a 33k odo and a blown engine there are harder costs to swallow but that bike meant so much to me.

Apparently Austin is seeing a lot of motorcycle theft right now. I wonder if it's everyone getting their bikes out for riding weather and then people capitalizing on everyone staying home and less cops patrolling with the pandemic.

Talked to some other victims who were more baffled than anything as to why their bikes would get stolen. Old, unpopular bikes with no great resale value or valuable parts, brand new bikes with low miles and no keys but would be weird to part out, cheap broken bikes with extremely distinctive paint jobs.
They seem to be grabbing any and every bike they can, even **** that makes little to no sense. Maybe that's par for the course on bike thieves but I'm just hoping they get sloppy soon.