View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2020, 09:51 AM   #10
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
Whenever I see these threads I think "great, another apartment dweller parking outside." I personally made it a point to not own a motorcycle until I owned a garage to keep it in. Because it's just asking for trouble,

But you live in a gated complex? How did they get in then? Any video cameras around?

And WTF!! They stole a non running old gen ninja?
I had my bike garaged for 6 years before I moved. Was I supposed to get rid of it when I couldn't get a garage?
Prevention is worth a lot but it's still not the owner's fault their property got stolen. It's on the thief.
I did as much due diligence as I could. 2 years here with no issues.
But recently the neighborhood has gotten sketchier than ever and I think a neighbor or worker cased me out. The gates are "broken" a lot, left open now.

Over the holidays a worker let themselves into the office and stole everyone's packages. Yes, all the xmas gifts and everything. Someone had a whole brand new golf-cart stolen like a week after they got it here. Someone also had a truck stolen.

I only learned about these thefts when I talked to people about my bikes getting stolen. Like wtf complex I would have liked to know about the apparent recent rampant vehicle theft before this???

Anyway my bikes were in the innermost area of the complex, no view from the streets in any direction. Between cars, under a metal carport roof. Someone had to walk by and see them or be told they were there. Also according to the front office, that parking area is the least covered by cameras (of course, thanks for telling me NOW), so if it is someone who works here, they'd know that.

But alas, all speculation.