Old April 14th, 2020, 01:11 PM   #28
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
This makes me so MAD!

It also got me thinking about the camera idea for people in apartments.... I don't know how viable these are, but here are my thoughts:

1) If you have a window that's close enough with a view of your bike's space, place camera in window.

2) If you have a strong enough wifi signal, this might be a good application for something like the battery-powered Ring (or similar) camera. Assuming you're parking in an assigned covered spot, affix camera to the carport (up to you if you want to run it by management first).
2a) If you can get nerdy with the network equipment, add a mesh access point to your balcony, as well as further out on the grounds if possible. If you can't put equipment outside your unit maybe there are neighbors who share your concern that will let you put an AP on their balcony too (side effects include awesome WiFi on the pool deck).
3) If you find a camera solution, place a sign in your spot warning about camera (may not be worth it if it's only a bluff, and may have issues if not approved by management).

4) Snakes, scorpions, alligators....

I don't know, man. Wish I could fix it for you.
I actually have a window that looks right under the carport and I'm gonna park the bike there for now. I could potentially hang a camera off my balcony under it, too. Unfortunately faces don't matter as much as plates so it's hard to figure out the best way to do it. I could put a camera in my car, which is almost always parked next to them. I'd just have to make sure they don't try to get in there, as well.