View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2020, 04:26 AM   #37
Jamieb
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jamie

Motorcycle(s): EX250 J

I know your pain.
I once had a Cb250rs and a Dr350 both stolen within 6 weeks of each other. They had both been fully restored and we're stolen for no other purpose than ragging round a field before being set on fire. I didn't have theft cover as it cost more than what I paid for the bikes. I also had to pay recovery and storage fees for both bikes as the police insist on getting expensive recovery companies to drag the remains from where they were found. I also had to fight the DVLA as to why I wouldn't pay tax on the bikes but could not provide a disposal certificate.

I did not have a garage at the time as the property market in England is slim pickings. My bikes were locked with 2x chains, 2 ground anchors and disc locks on both as well as being trapped between my van and a wall. Inside a gated complex with Cctv and a security guard. Odd there was a different guard working at the time and the cameras were down...

Unfortunately I think thieves will always steal what they want regardless of how secure it is. They always have a way.

Shame we're not allowed to remove body parts as punishment. Over here if little scruffs get caught doing serious damage to property they get nothing more than a warning. We're not even allowed to cement glass shards on top of walls anymore because if a scumbag hurts himself climbing over it the property owner is liable.

Rant over
Jamieb is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.