View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2012, 08:32 PM   #12
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
Oh, and a quick warning about the BiLT jackets. They use the same philosophy of buying manufacturer direct and rebranding, but the jacket manufacturers are the lower end ones. Compared to helmets, there is a larger difference in quality there. I've spent some time looking at the BiLT jackets, and a few of them are just garbage (just like the stuff they are based on). Better to look at the Sedici jackets. Still CycleGear branded product, and still a good value, but based on really good quality stuff. I love the Sedici stuff, and it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Well I have had a great experience with the only Bilt jacket I own. And only motorcycle jacket I own. I have the Bilt Air Demon jacket. http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...ket/web1001038 It is very nice. I wouldn't wear any other mesh jacket. This one is great because it has leather in the high impact areas if you go down. And I have gone down in it. Although I was only on the concrete for a split second then ended up in the grass/dirt but I didn't have a single bruise on my upper body. I think the armor in the jacket saved me some pain. My jeans didn't. I had quite a few bruises on my legs.

I had a problem with the zipper on my first jacket but took it back to cycle gear and they swapped it out for me. Bilt only has a 5 year guarantee thing but it was my first jacket so I figured I wouldn't have it forever.

Anywho, I like my Bilt jacket. It looks very nice too. No stupid badges of companies advertisement. Just a clean looking jacket.

I realize black is not a great color choice for safety gear but I ride as if nobody can see me anyways. I am INVISIBLE! I know bright colored gear is supposed to make you more visible but if the driver of that cage is on the cell phone and not paying attention to what they are doing I doubt your gear color will save you. Although I am sure it has before. But I like the black gear. But hey that's just me.

I would still like to get a top name all leather jacket though. I will probably get a Dainese when I do. I love my Dainese Torque Out boots. http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...ots/web1001654 So might as well get a matching jacket. Haha
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote