View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2015, 10:19 AM   #87
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Well.. not a lot of progress on this project. And by that, I mean none

But I did my car. It's not bad at all, except I don't have forward facing corner marker lights and technically my low beams are pointed a hair to the left. But it's given me the confidence and the interest in the motorcycle project again!

I think I'm going to attack this in a different direction. Instead of using my own mounting plate, I think I'll just epoxy the projector into an older hacked up reflector bowl that I have. This is common with retrofits over on HIDPlanet, so I'll give it a go. This should get my projector back far enough to clear the lens completely. and I can free ball it on the aim, because unlike my car, the pregen has up/down AND right/left adjustment screws. So i can set it nominally normal to the halogen projector and adjust as needed, assuming it's properly rotated. I just want to get it mounted so it's usable, the fluted lens is manageable even though it's not ideal. meh.

I'm also going to give it a go with the lens again. Going to try heat forming and doing it really crude, not going to bother with the vacuum method for now. Won't be as perfect, but there's enough extra height on my male mold that I'll probably be okay with some careful heat forming and hacking off excess... My materials are on campus in NW Ohio, I'm in NE Ohio again, so stay tuned towards the beginning of the year, yo.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote