View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2023, 07:57 AM   #33
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I really like Ducatti.... the Ducatti 250cc when it first came out was the first
4 stroke 250cc I ever rode.... it was AMAZING ! I had a 50cc honda at the time
and was working on getting my Honda 90cc running and a friend of mine got one ! his Dad owned a boat shop and got the Ducatti dealership for the area !
that bike was the only one in the shop but it was as expensive as the 350cc honda twin at the time.... so no one bought it.... at the end of the year his Dad gave him the bike as a graduation present ! I tried for a week to talk him into letting me ride it and he finally relented and let me ...I only rode it up to the end of the block and back but man I was impressed ! Lots of low end torque !
they must not have made very many of them because in my life time I think I have seen only 3 250's LOL but the bigger brother in the Ducatti line got world recognition when the big twins started winning every race they entered for years...... those are good reliable bikes.... never worked on one though...to my dismay LOL
Bob.....