View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2011, 08:00 AM   #1
pucktoplay1
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

Planning on going on a cross country ride.

So I am going to bring my bike to school in Arizona and I am in NY at home for the summer. A year ago my plan was to ship my bike there, but now things have changed and I really want to take a long distance ride like this one for the experience. I have been waiting for my chance at a walkabout for a while now and I have finally found it. I have been reading about cross country riding for a couple weeks now and I have read all of the forum articles and ride reports including the iron but write ups and that other one where the guy rides his 250 cross country with a couple of buddies. I am looking for some fresh ideas/tips for what I should do to my 09 ninja 250 before going and what I should bring and expect. I am planning on buying a tank bag and a set of saddle bags because my backpack would cause too much strain on my shoulders and back. Is there anything else I should do to my 250 besides doing a full service and inspection before leaving? What should I expect during this time of the year? I plan to leave on or around August 10th. I am allotting 6-8 days for the trip.
pucktoplay1 is offline   Reply With Quote