View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2020, 11:34 AM   #9
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFMNINJA400 View Post
I am gonna say yes, I am that relaxed. They ask me at times to show people proper BP at the track. They have a bike that is set up (no engine) to practice proper BP on. This is at NYST. Whoever I am working with, I have them get into a proper stance and then let go of the handle bars. If they can’t do it, I show them. You do need a strong core for sure and using the outside knee helps tremendously. I tell them don’t be scared to move around on the bike. The more upright you are, you tend to have the KUNG FU grip on the bars. If your upper body is lower it is easier to lesser your grip on the bars.
Agree with this but only IF you are locked on with your legs. Hard to relax your arms (nearly impossible actually) if you aren't stable on the bike with your lower body. So, it's one thing to remind yourself to relax IF you notice yourself being tight, but it's another thing to consciously think about remaining relaxed and setting up your body so that you can succeed.

How can you use your lower body to stabilize yourself? What things help you get that secure, locked on and stable feeling with your hips so that you can have "jazz hands" (relaxed hands and arms) while riding?
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote