Old January 9th, 2021, 12:34 PM   #8
troubledninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 08 250ex basket case

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
uses TCI - transistor controlled ignition with inductive coils.

Try to get working with existing ignition-switch first because there's anti-theft features that's matched between ignition and TCI box. Ignition-box will definitely NOT work with simple switch and start button.

When getting bike-in-boxes project, get everything back to 100% stock condition and working before making mods.

If you got '95+ ignition box with connector, wire-colours will match 2008 harness. Check out this post on how to connect to harness. Just match up same colour wires.
Ty for your post I know all about the resister if you look at the pictures I posted above then you see I wired in 100 on resistor on the gray wire before it enters my TCI box I honestly think I might be big held up by safety switches now I might have read this wrong but I believe they all ground out to the green with black stripe wire can't I simply run that wire strait to ground and the hot brown black wire to 12v battery and both hot reds on my coils to 12v battery just for testing purposes of courseI don't know I'm just trying to get some fire and everything I've tried is not I've had to test continuity with no multimeter using a battery and a test light my pickup has continuity but I don't know if it's getting the right signal I don't know if it's adjusted right I don't know if I'm doing this right I just want to ride
troubledninja is offline   Reply With Quote