View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2008, 03:05 PM   #31
FlamingYellowInsanity
Too sexy for roadrash

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2007 Lance GS-R 150 (racing modified scooter), 1980 Honda CB750K project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Forget the loud pipes. Move over. If you have that many people angered behind you, to the point where some have actually passed on the dirt to get around, there's something else going on here.

Remember, there's no "winning" in any conflict between a bike and a car. Holding the moral high ground means nothing if you're not around to enjoy it afterwards. If you notice a tailgater (and you're not being careful enough if you don't notice a tailgater), move over. Let them by. And go on with your day.

If you get passed on the right by 1 vehicle when you're in the left lane, wake up and see if you are really in the correct lane. If you are passed on the right by 2 vehicles? You're absolutely, unequivocably driving in the wrong lane. Slower traffic keep right. Left lane for passing.

Stay safe out there!
Yup, I've been staying in the right lanes more now, though the drivers that passed me were driving like jerks anyway (swerving through 2-4 lanes at a time in 15+mph excess of traffic speeds). It's just a shame that 75mph (82 indicated) is the slow lane now.

I generally let them by if I can, but when I ride in the carpool lane I can only move over every few miles, and I hardly ever see people in the CP lane, but once in a great while I get jerks like these guys that seem to think 75mph is SO FREAKIN SLOW!!!

Ok, rant over again. Back on topic.

I did try the headphones on my trip to school (~1hr each way) and luckilly I did a test run first to the bowling alley, I had my MP3 on repeat!!! Man, it was a good song, but 4+ times got old, would have hated for an hour of it. But overall they did make for a much nicer ride.

Travis