View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #32
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingYellowInsanity View Post
I generally let them by if I can, but when I ride in the carpool lane I can only move over every few miles, and I hardly ever see people in the CP lane, but once in a great while I get jerks like these guys that seem to think 75mph is SO FREAKIN SLOW!!!
Makes sense, I forgot that the CP lanes are segregated in SoCal. That's a rarity, in most other parts of the country, NorCal included, the CP/HOV lanes are just the left lane, and people can enter/exit the lane whenever situations warrant it. One of the frustrating parts of the HOV lane is those in carpools or hybrids who dawdle along at 65 mph in the left lane while traffic is moving quicker in all lanes. The HOV lane laws do not supercede general courtesy (and the law!) that states slower vehicles keep right.

Riding a bike on the freeway isn't for the faint of heart, and in some ways our choice of mounts makes it a bit more challenging. We don't have a huge amount of excess power that allows us to just breathe on the throttle and put the bike where we want to, it takes a bit more careful planning and patience to get the Ninjette moving how we'd like. As a general practice, I'd rather be traveling slightly faster than the flow of traffic than at the same pace or slower. Seems to give us more options in case of trouble, and limits the times where we are surprised by something behind us. Of course there will always be vehicles who want to go much faster, but hopefully that's the exception rather than the rule. And going at or faster than the average traffic speed generally puts us in ticket-risk area as well. Life's a bunch of choices, I guess...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote