View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2021, 11:28 AM   #1
OcarinaElf
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

2007 Dying while riding

I bought a used 2007 Ninja with 22,000 miles and I've had the bike for about a month now. Ran pretty well, have put about 300 miles on it since I've gotten it, overall no issues. The other day I ordered new turn signals which are LED's and wired them up. I'm still waiting on a flasher as the stores around me are OOS. After that, I took the bike out and was cruising around 70 when my throttle stopped revving, and the bike eventually cut out and died at speed. I was able to get it started once or twice more (once with a kickstart), but since then I've been having issues.
The bike starts on occasion, sometimes with a verrrrryyyy slow idle, and every once in a while it will fully rev up. Sometimes it will totally die if I dump the clutch, and sometimes it will start very shakily. I can take it about a block before it inadvertently dies again. I replaced the battery and ordered spark plugs. I've read posts about this possibly being a vacuum issue with the fuel, and left the tank open when starting, but not much difference. Going to bring it into service soon, though might see if I can clean the carbs myself, or do anything else that could get it running before that.
Any thoughts?
OcarinaElf is offline   Reply With Quote