View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2013, 06:57 PM   #4547
IF13
WOT WOT WOT

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '12 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikromo View Post
Yesterday, Sunday, I gave the Ninjette a warm soapy bath, tried some scatch remover (too deep). I reassembled the rear brake after giving everything a good bath in brake cleaner, removed and serviced the air cleaner (filthy), adjusted the idle, lubed the chain, straightened the right handlebar, lubed both throttle cables, and the clutch cable (like butter now).
Really burns me that a local dealership tried so hard to rip off the PO, a young girl, telling her she needed a disc, a master cylinder, pads AND a caliper..... bunch of bums. The total bill was going to be a whopping $700.00, which is why she sold it for $900.00. Needs rear pads, and a good bleed. When I get the pads, I'll replace the brake fluid on both ends.
For you northwestern Missouri folks.....STAY AWAY FROM DELLS HONDA KAWASAKI! I'd like to go give them a piece of my mind, but instead I'll just warn anyone who ask's. Rode the VFR Interceptor to work, as it appears that I am addicted to power and speed. Next up, I'll remove all the body work, work some magic on the scatch's and try to sell the little Devil. Might have to wait 'til spring, but except for the scratch's she looks almost new!
The VFR's so sexy ughhh