View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2015, 02:53 AM   #18
f0r54ken
ninjette.org member

Name: Ash

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki ninja ex250 2007

Hey So I have a couple of bonus things from my ninja experiences so far. Very close to yours actually. Starting with that grind. I'm not sure how long you've had this or who did the last chain adjustment. But You should look at your axle bolts on your backtire. Right above them will be Little Distance markers; about 8 I think. Take a look at both sides real close and make sure they are both landing at the same markers.

if they aren't you'll need to loosen the axel with a breaker bar and a ...I think 24ml socket? Don't use a monkey wrench or you'll ruin the nut. Then Loosen the adjuster nuts holding the adjuster bolts in place. With those more loose you can use the bolts to correct the distance making your tire perfectly straight. Which would hopefully (with your new pads) run forward without grinding.

As for that coolant. I didn't see enough Green in that photo Are you using a 50/50 mixture or just water? Maybe someone else filled it for you. Either way I would flush it with the drain bolt. It's somewhere near the bottom left side of the bike (follow that big radiator tube.) and refill it with fresh 50/50 coolant. Don't forget about the reservoir tank hidden at the left side (butt side) panel. That will need to be filled too. Make sure you watch a video on how to do this, There's some whoopla about Running the bike a little first.

overheating? This can be a REALLY Crappy problem. And the most common one I've found reading...and experiencing. IS that damned thermometer bolted into the back left of the radiator malfunctioning. overheating means one of Four things to me.

You're short on oil
You're short on radiator fluid
You're thermometer is malfunctioning and your fan isn't turning on. (Likely)
Your idle is too high and Even with the fan the bike cannot compensate.

So check your fluids. and make sure your idle is less than 2200rpm at driving temp (there is a knob at the bottom left attached to the carb sticking out 4 inches.)
If you do this and your temperature is still escalating close to red Then park and shut your bike off completely. listen immediately for the fan. That temperature switch is Always live. Meaning even with the bike off and the key out if that engine is hot it's going to run the fan. SO if your fan is not running at that moment then that thermo switch is bad.

You can get another for 70 dollars. But personally I Just built a bypass toggle switch and turn it on whenever I come to stops or have been riding for 20+ minutes. Sorry for the wall of text. I Don't like being ambiguous.
f0r54ken is offline   Reply With Quote