View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2020, 07:09 AM   #1
Badapplesrepair
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Carlos

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Post Greetings from Florida

Just got a 2009 ninja 250 a couple of months ago. I have mechanical knowledge as I did a 4year A&P course in high school. I never went to work in aviation but have rebuilt multiple car engines over the past 15 years, I also work with electronics so I feel like i am more than capable of rebuilding this bike. So this bike was purchased in running condition by my brother about 2 years ago, however it was full of ugly stickers ran like crap and had random bits and pieces missing from all over the place. It barely turned on but it ran pretty good considering conditions, fairings kept flying off while driving so bike had about half the fairings missing the rest where all in pretty rough shape. so bike was stolen and ditched a few blocks away probably after thieves realized they stole a pile of junk. It was found two days later a new ignition was purchased but bike never turned back on. I got the bike from him for about $500 and started reading around. This site truly has a ton of invaluable information which I am using in my journey to rebuilding, I have taken the bike apart and short of disassembling the entire engine I’m replacing all exterior seals (has huge oil leak) checking condition of parts and doing a few things here and there to make the bike sportier, I understand the limitations of the bike so I am not here expecting to make this into a super sport but if i can improve on some of its weaknesses why not if the bike is apart anyways right? Anyways I’ll attach a picture of this mess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0C4397A9-F25B-4C1D-9E87-1FE458BBEAD3.jpg (143.3 KB, 1 views)
Badapplesrepair is offline   Reply With Quote