View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2020, 05:25 PM   #7
Badapplesrepair
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Carlos

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Thanks everyone, @DannoXYZ thanks for the tip, I didn稚 know about that. I figured I would tackle electronics when I was done with the mechanical side of things. I see allot of badly spliced wires and corroded connectors. I see grounds that are barely attached and other things. My plan was to go through every circuit one by one checking and replacing all connectors And testing and cleaning sensors and such. My job consists of diagnosing and repairing failing, failed and catastrophically damaged complex electrical circuits. Even with all my experience I知 sure you saved me a head scratcher and needless time diagnosing a circuit I知 not too familiar with. I bought this because I enjoy fixing things, I love engines and tearing things apart, I had the carburetor completely in pieces the week after I bought it. I sit on my balcony smoke cigars and work on the bike, I知 already getting a ton of joy from this bike and I haven稚 gotten to ride it yet. That being said @ducatiman, I see your name allot. I have allot of respect for your work I知 sure you have mad skills, if I get overwhelmed I know you are the guy to turn to. it痴 been my plan from the start to get the bike running then I知 going to jet the carbs, I値l pull them a few times until I get everything running right. I知 replacing the cracked rusting muffler with one of those knockoffs for 50 on eBay. If the muffler is really that bad I値l look into something more expensive. I致e already budgeted enough on the bike, its going to be almost 1500 in total. I知 not trying to go too far Over that. I知 also removing the damaged airbox And replacing with some pod filters. I figure I値l have to pull the carbs several times in order to get it all running right but I知 prepared to do that. I知 draining and cleaning the tank and petcock. I知 replacing all fuel hoses, silicone hose kit for cooling system, new radiator, new chain and sprockets, new carb and throttle cables, new grips and assemblies for throttle and such, new disks and pads, steel braided brake lines, and a couple of other mostly cosmetic items like fairings. With the amount of information on this site alone I知 confident I can tackle this whole project.
Badapplesrepair is offline   Reply With Quote