View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2018, 08:32 AM   #21
Boostdz
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
True, but it's the only way to know if you have made improvements or not.

You would have needed to create a baseline with the bike before you started your mods, then bring it back again after it was completed.

If you like it - run it, but even it situations where the factory has designed a full ram-air system (that even runs directly through the steering head) the gains are not outstanding until speeds are close to maximum. Even then, something like 5 additional HP doesn't gain you much (compared to reducing drag).
Yea... I was. I was racing and seemed to be pulling all the guys in my weight class. Keeping up with the little kids down the straights a little better. But the non oring master link clip came off and sent the chain through the block. So.. I decided to part the bike out. But before selling this intake, I decided to join the forum to see if anybody would be interested in it. Nothing more. I already have a guy interested in buying it from me. But once it is gone.. it is gone. So... I wont be making another. I am gonna give the Yamaha R3 a go and build one of those. See what it can do. It feels a lot stronger on the bottom end.
Boostdz is offline   Reply With Quote