ninjette.org member

Name: Derek

Motorcycle(s): 08 cbr1000rr, 2008 + 2012 ninja 250, 06 zx6r (636!) track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Do this test with stopwatch:

1. Aim petcock fuel-outlet hose into measuring cup
2. Apply vacuum to petcock activation port
3. How long does it take to flow 2-cups???
What is a normal variable or specification i.e. how many seconds would be normal to fill 2 cups?
I mean the bike is 10 years old, rubber seals and diaphragms do deteriorate. Even though it stopped leaking while in the "on" position who knows what else is wrong, Ill check this thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
It would take a few seconds for insufficient petcock flow to make the power drop at full throttle. If it does it immediately, something else is wrong. My guess is that the carbs are still not completely clean.
Hard to say what immediately is vs few seconds as it loses power after 60% throttle it bogs down.
When cleaning the carbs, the primaries had little light coming through and after the cleaning a lot of light. Secondaries were cleaned I did not notice much difference.
I cleaned junk out of the bowls and sprayer the upper area but never removed the floats as they seemed to flex with ease. What other areas should I focus on? I will watch a video to double check what I did but if you know off the top of your head it would be appreciated.
Runeknight95 is offline   Reply With Quote