Old June 25th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #181
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Red face 13.5 + price help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPaws View Post
boots: wolverine workboots, leather, very old, no pts there right?

pants: im a sad face jean rider no bike pantaloons yet, 0 pts

jackets: i have a knightbridge leather jacket, its not cycle specific, its just my brothers leather jacket he got as a gift and never wore it so i use it when i started riding, its heavy. It is also lined with polyester on inside (will that melt to me?) 4pts?

gloves: FG mesh gloves with knuckle guards, after about 2 years riding, the tips are wearing away, holes arise, 1 pt

elmet: full face Masei (chinese - ebay - $69ish), 3pts

full suits: 0 pts

misc gear: 0 pts

brand whore: 0 pts

I need some help, will go visit STG storefront next week after finals, any recomendations (something affordable for a college student)?

im at 4 pts or 8 if you count my leather jacket. helps!

edit: anything breathable maybe that i could wear over street clothes or is it best to keep street clothes in backpack to change into?
I went to STG i think last wed or something, the 2oth and got some stuff. I got a scorpion exo1000 reg price at 299$ for 125ish. thats +3, and i got an icon textile/mesh jacket with armor and elbow/shoulder pads. Im going to give me a 2.5 because its both?

new running total is 13.5

Also, my friend has a really good moto gp full leather jacket hes selling. It fits me good around torso, only problem is the sleeves are about inch or so to long. He sold is 93 ducati and is gettin rid of all his stuff. He had boots two, some nice racing ones but were to big.

1. what is the thing worth / how much is a good price for it(he wore it on the track he said and didnt ride much in it, it looks very good condition).
2. is it worth it to take it to a tailor and shorten the length? how much would that cost?

If someone can get back to me ASAP please, he is puttin them on craigslist in the next few days