View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2015, 03:09 PM   #54
chemist
ninjette.org member

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): gsxr 600 2012

So, I have been reading through a bunch of information again and taking it all in, exciting stuff!! Ended up in a bit of a T-storm this morning. Nothing to crazy but it was a little un-nerving having lighting going off around my area. The basic weather site had totally missed the T-storm. What does everyone recommend for weather sites? I have downloaded weather underground for my iphone and really like it. Seems accurate and has a ton of information. All that being said, it was fairly light rain and the way home was just cloudy. During my ride in I focused on remaining slow to stops as I didn't want my feet down during the T-storm. When I did stop, I had my heels planted on the ground as I have metal toe sliders towards my toes. Good idea? screw it your crazy for riding in T-storms or ehh you won't get struck?

Secondly, I do have a nice bathroom to store clothes at the office and since I wasn't really prepared for wet weather, I let my stinky leathers dry in there. Seriously guys, wet leather sucks. I need to buy a leather treatment for the jacket but what are you guys using for odor with this stuff? febreze? baking soda packets? Their has to be a trick for the work place with wet leather?

No real road issues today which is good as I have yet to practice my emergency braking. Hoping to this weekend. Still trying out new commuting routes. This go around, I took a slightly longer route with less traffic and higher speeds 55mph but still not a "highway." I was actually able to get home a bit quicker and really enjoyed not being in stop and go traffic. This route also felt much safer and I was also able to ride at a non-highway speed that wouldn't induce my SRs !! Really excited about this new route as I progress.

earplugs are still a pain for me. I have had them in for about 50% of my rides and had them in today. I am trying out different ones as we have several disposable types at my workplace. Found myself once stopped at a light with the throttle still slightly going Just can't hear as well but I need to get used to it!

I should actually be getting close to 1500-1700 miles. Only saying that as it is amazing that people recommend 600cc bikes as early as 1k miles. Not saying I couldn't do it but I still have A LOT to learn. really excited I started on this bike