View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2022, 12:41 PM   #1
gravitationaldef
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Corey

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r

Topping out at 85?

Hey guys this will be my first official post although I’ve been lurking for a while so thanks for all the information you guys have posted it’s greatly helped me with this bike… This is not one of those “how fast can a 250r go” posts. Had the bike for about 6 weeks…rebuilt carbs using 6 sigmas kit and procedures. 105 main and 40 pilot(I think). Have done runs with the airbox, the airbox and the snorkel removed, and then finally where I am at now running pod filters… I have never owned a 250 before but I must say that I am really impressed with the performance of this machine and throttle response and acceleration is very impressive. The continual issue that I’m running into is that the bike maxes out around 80 to 85 mph… The strange thing is that it will actually rev higher and reach higher top speeds when you do not have WOT… now I don’t have it pegged to 12 or 13 K in all the gears often but from what I recall a couple weeks ago when I was running tests and reving it out that it is doing this in almost every gear. My question is do you think someone regeared the bike? I really don’t wanna go to counting teeth unless someone thinks that may be what it is, or is this the result of poor carb tuning? I can say that from running the complete factory set up to what the set up is now is it night and day difference… Like the bike performs almost twice as well which is what has me confused… Fuel issue? Gearing issue? CDI issue? Or a combination? Thanks in advance guys and happy fourth
gravitationaldef is offline   Reply With Quote