Thread: '92 rebuild
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2021, 10:54 AM   #25
BonelessSugar
ninjette.org member

Name: Cashby

Motorcycle(s): EX250-F x 3, TW200, NPS50

Carbs are off, need to find a thread or something explaining cleaning procedure (prob ducatiman), I've only ever done a single by guessing. Wiki says that 250-E and 250-F carbs are different, so I'm wondering if I have 250-E carbs or not since 1986 engine in 1992 frame (going to assume 250-f carb). cvk30 vs 32. Measured the inner diameter on the engine side of the carb, came out to about 31mm.

I've been reading through other threads on carb problems on here, and it seems like there's a bunch of things that could go wrong that aren't even directly part of the carbs. Unclean fuel lines, petcock issues, intake tubing micro-tears... I'm just planning on bringing it all back to stock if things already aren't, and then anything past that I'd probably ask about like suspension or jetting (but from reading threads, sounds like jetting for power isn't really a thing on these bikes).

For some reason there's two cables coming out of the throttle handle, so I'm a little stumped there.

Spark plug cap(?) is the wrong shape, dunno how much that matters.

Right handlebar isn't bent that bad, can probably rebend it in my vice. However, the bar-end weight screw was totally shredded. Maybe need to drill it out or just take a grinder to it if I ever want to take it off, but I don't need to yet and don't see the need in the future so I'll probably leave it alone unless there's an easier way. Obv red locktite on the bolt.

I snapped one of the super thin screws holding the clutch sensor onto the clutch handlebar housing (these probably aren't the terms). Need to get a new one anyways because I don't have something to TIG the inside to fill and then drill and tap the hole. If there's another solution I could do (maybe use the steelstik I have for the carb) to fix that? Lemme know your thoughts. Might swap to shorty levers, too, since I don't wanna use this shaved lever.
BonelessSugar is offline   Reply With Quote