View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2021, 06:15 AM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Thanks Jim I appreciate your candor . there seams to be alot of ground clearance to choose from on this bike anyway and it can afford to loose some
Yes 2" probably would have done it but if I'm going to do it, why not go whole hog eh ? HAHAHHAAH
I don't think I Could hurt the handling of the bike very easily it does handle so well as compared to so many other bikes I have had in the past. the best handling bike I ever owned was the Kawasaki W1 650cc a 1968 model if I remember right... it had the same geometry as the BSA and Triumphs of the day, 28deg fork angle if I recall ... in the late 1970's and 1980's they changed all that and you got a refrigerator to ride, it went straight real good but didn't corner worth a darn. the only bikes that went back to the 28deg. angle was the crotch rocket type quick responsive handling is what I want , that is why I bought this machine... I remember riding down big ben road on my W1 and not having to think about steering it simply went where you thought !
I've only got a hint of that kind of handling on this bike so far mainly because I haven't put enough miles on it I am sure...but the potential is there !
Yes I know short people can ride tall bikes Youtube has tons of videos on the subject, but that does not mean it is better than having a bike that is shorter! to me a tall bike is a hazard both to you and the bike !
why the Motorcycle Gods started making them so darn tall in the first place is a mystery... especially on dirt bikes and yet that is the first thing they raised
you don't need 12" of ground clearance to hop a log in the boonies !
.... So Your saying lower the front as much as I can without having fender problems eh?
thanks again for your Honesty !
Bob.......