View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2021, 08:50 PM   #15
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Caligirl:
Yes I fell in love with the 2012 250R when it first came out simply because it fit me better than so many other machines.... if you want a laugh go sit on a 1300cc Honda v twin cruser.... their made for guys that are 7' tall
I sat on one in the Honda shop and I could not reach the petals and I would have to lay the handle bars almost horozontal just to use the controls !
if that's not bad enough look at the big dirt bikes again they are made for 7' tall people ... back in the early 1970's this "Size thing" wasn't an issue but it is now. the suzuki 400cc single 2 stroke fit me just fine ! but try to find a 400cc bike that fits me now is a joke.... I know of one out there , the CSC RX4 450cc
adventure type bike... but I will have to lower it a little bit it's seat height is 31.9" so a bit tall for this short o'l man !
Yes I really lowered my Ninja ! and I am excited to see if I messed it up or not...LOL
I certainly do not want to take away from the handling but lowering it for safety's sake is more important to me ...I'll make it handle again once it's lower !!!!!!
..... Yes I have a hatred for tall bikes ! especially when they don't have to be so darn tall.... what the heck are the manufacturer's thinking ???
if you've ever been riding a 34" seat height bike on a dirt road and stopped to take in the view and promptly fell over, because it is so darn tall you can sympathise ! ....
I know You've lowered your bike, what was the final outcome of that ordeal
how far for the front and rear ???
Bob........