Thread: '92 rebuild
View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2021, 07:47 PM   #44
BonelessSugar
ninjette.org member

Name: Cashby

Motorcycle(s): EX250-F x 3, TW200, NPS50

Broke down carb all the way today. Going to pine-sol soak for a couple (4-7) days, then ultra-sonic clean (10:1 simple green? at 120-130F? 5-20mins?), then B-12 and carb cleaner. Compressed air between every step. If I see anything left I'll get some of those welding tip cleaners but I don't wanna for fear of messing up the passages unless I have to. Sanded (150 grit, probably would've been better with 220) one of the intakes down. First 3 pics are the second intake, last pic is the first finished intake.

[completely forgot to sand down the other before soaking in pine-sol] Doing the other [tomorrow] and going over with fine (1000/2000) sandpaper after. Should have all the supplies for gas tank now to do it tomorrow, too. Picked up missing spring clamps for carb as well and blew out the dirt from the hoses.

Had to double-bag everything in ziplock because the pine-sol was leaking, and I assume it'll leak through that too so I also have them in buckets individually and in a big container all together. Didn't soak plastic slides or diaphragms, everything else went in the bath.

Also found some sort of dirt/mud nest.

Last futzed with by BonelessSugar; September 19th, 2021 at 09:11 PM.
BonelessSugar is offline   Reply With Quote