View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2017, 08:49 AM   #36
NinjaBraap
NinjaBraap

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 636, 2016 Yamaha R3 (Street/Track), 2019 Ninja 400 Project Racebike

Another update, long after the fact. I passed new racer school and got my novice license. It wasn't without misadventures though lol. Did several track days at a gokart track that a lot of the other racers practice at, and got advice directly from my mentors while there. Found that it was quite squarely in tight corners and I was fighting the bike. One suggestion was to raise the rear a bit and raise the front to as close to stock height as possible. Since I didn't have much time the night before loading up for NRS, I was prepping the bike and made the mistake of making a major decision while rushed and tired. Ended up putting zx6 dog bones on, which if I'd been rational would have relized rather than raising the bike, would actually lower it. As a result the bike became even worse, and the rear wanted to step out the more leaned over it went. Of course I didn't figure that out until the first run of the day for NRS, at which point I freaked out a bit worrying I wouldn't be able to complete NRS. I tried to find someone with a stock set of dogbones, because I had also somehow forgotten mine, but didn't find them. After talking to my mentors, they talked me into trying anyway, and despite the bike being squirly on both the front and rear, was able to make time and pass without incident! Unfortunately didn't get to race because of it that weekend, but at least I passed. I'll try to post more, but I'm also going to try to blog in the blogs section. I'll also post photos on my profile as often as possible.
NinjaBraap is offline   Reply With Quote