View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2015, 07:54 AM   #18
slolane
Motorcyclist

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 ABS

@Kevin1956

Thanks, I like it, since I sold all my other bikes and only ride the 300 now the larger cases allow me to use the bike more.

On yours I would stick with the ones that match up with the SW-Motech base plate too, clean and easy to swap. I like the idea of additional lighting/alarm options a lot.

Sorry to say but I don't have any other photos of my 250 sidecases/brackets. If I were to do it all again I wouldn't bend as much steel and bolt together, I would do what you are doing and have any pieces I needed made for it. One thing I didn't like about mine was it took like 15-20 minutes to pull off and a little longer to get back on with the multiple pieces, I would build it as a couple pieces that bolt onto my rear seat rack that I have now and then 1 or 2 braces. That way I could swap the sidecases on/off similar to the way I put any of my topcases on now...

Off the top of my head I would want a piece of metal that would go flat across the rear seat mount plate I have (over the existing mounting bolts), clear the rear fairings and then turn 90 degrees and go straight down stopping flush with the bottom of whatever sidecases I had. Then only one other piece, a V shaped bracket that would tie into the bottom edge of each sidecase, it would go from the bottom of one case up to the bottom (center) of the undertail and back down to the other sidecase. I'm not measuring here but I believe that would allow clearance for the rear wheel/tire travel and should allow for 5 minute install or removal when needed.

My idea would require me to always use a top case with the sidecases based on how I would mount it but if I needed the sidecases I would have the topcase too, even if it were just the Pelican.

slolane is offline   Reply With Quote