View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2016, 07:40 PM   #33
Yamahawk
Chaplain

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 75 RD350 race bike, 82 XZ550RJ Vision, 81 XV920RH, 89 VTR250 Interceptor race bike, 06 Concours, 86 EX250E1

Nice build thread, Jason! You should keep that bike just because it is so cool. The Virago's were way ahead of their time, and the CYCOM instrument panel was way cool for the day. I like the way we can swap all the different parts, like the Seca rear... My bike came with an 18" rear, and of course the 19" front. I had swapped wire wheels from a XS650 onto it years ago, as I liked the retro look of spokes, but I have since then put the stock wheels back on it. I will see if i can find a pic of it, and i will post it. I would a parts bike for $100, nd it was compete, so I swapped the OEM exhaust back on it, and I like it. I remember how it reminded me of a Norton Interstate when I first bought it, and how much I loved riding it. I need to redo the forks and new springs, and I also had got a Triumph 955 Daytona rear shock, but the hose cracked off due to clearance issues, so be careful when you install the one. Make sure the remote mount hose clears all the hardware. I only paid $30 for the shock, but hey... I was looking forward to an upgraded ride lol... and you will have to order a weaker spring, that Triumph one is really stiff. I found pics of the parts bike, and this is basically what it looked like stock... only not so old lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0060.jpg (116.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0061.jpg (132.9 KB, 1 views)