View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2019, 01:50 AM   #7
Tooch
ninjette.org member

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2015 zx10r, 2010 Ducati 848

FAST, AMAZING cast iron skillet steak

You can probably use some other type of skillet as well, just make sure it is oven safe.

Thick steak. Doesn't have to be a filet or anything. As long as it's decently thick, you it's gonna come out top notch. Let it sit out about half an hour before you plan on cooking it.

Pat steak dry with a paper towel. Then season it how you'd like. Montreal Steak seasoning is good. So is just salt and pepper.

Turn heat on as high as you can under skillet. At the same time, allow the oven to preheat to 450°. Get an oil with a high flash point (to cut down on smoke. I use Olive oil still because I like it, but if you do make sure you have a window open).

Once the oil is hot enough to start shimmering (maybe 5 minutes), put your steak in. DO NOT TOUCH. Let it go for 2 minutes, then flip. Allow to cook on the other side for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and put on a pat of butter (yes, butter).

Put in over (skillet and all) for 2 more minutes. Remove from over, then cover in skillet. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Boom. Best steak ever. Cooks it to about medium rare. If you like your steak ruined, I mean cooked more through, just leave it on for more than 2 minutes. But remember the heat is really high, so it won't take long.
Tooch is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.