View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2015, 10:54 PM   #1
verboten1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '75 CB550:.'82 XV920:.'00 KLR650:.'00 EX250:.'08 Ninja 250

MOTM - June '15
The next project...Virago, flat tracker?

SO, I have had my '82 Yamaha Virago (XV920J) for about 12 years.

it has remained mostly stock for the whole time.

The ninja is as complete as any bike ever will be. And instead of buying a new bike, I decided to finally do what I have been planning for years!

This was a couple years into my ownership.

at that point the only thing I had added was a NOS fork brace.

Before I got the KLR I decided to add some bags and crashbars , but the bags did not last very long, because they made it even uglier!

About 7 years back, I installed a MAC exhaust

when it was time for new tires, I decided I wanted to switch out the stock 16" rear wheel for an 18" rear wheel from an early '80s Yamaha Seca

I bought another virago to scavenge for parts. it wil be donating side covers and starting system at the very least, but most likely the forks gauges and round headlight will be coming along as well!

This project will start with some maintenance and whatnot, and will hopefully end up looking something like this in the future.

I've had a habit of going with the cheap parts, and then going with the good stuff when the cheap parts break. This project, I have decided to go with good parts, no cheap stuff, just spend the money the first time.

Fat tires, 2-1 header with some pipe that sounds good, LED headlight, possibly single carb, freshen up engine as needed, fix stupid oil leak that been going on for years.

Ride more, worry less.
verboten1 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.