Thread: Turbo install
View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2015, 01:58 PM   #164
swarfman64
Master modder

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): TURBO gpx250 99 CB250/500rs Sherco290 Trials Indian 1911big base (replica)

Yes efi is the best way to go, but in Aus in at around 600 for the squirt, I've reached the limit for cost, a line has to be drawn somewhere. The next build (not sure what it will be)will have a squirt. The carbs will still make power, there is a disadvantage in physicly changing jets etc but there both just metering fuel. The major plus for carbs is the cost reduction and simplification of a turbo install. Pros and cons, fact is I want to wind this up and spend my cash on a new project. For perspective, used pregen around 800 bucks, new gen 2000 bucks new 300 is bout 5600. I just can't spend anymore money on what's really a toy, it may be a quick 250 but as sport bikes go its not that quick. I could buy a used 600 or liter bike for 3000. If someone wanted to donate a squirt..................